reel-big-fish.com
Share :
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Dope opinion
I like to visit BD as well as this site, but I don't dare ask this question there. Is Fish Dope worth the cost to you? I ask this since most of FD's knowledge is based from boat reports. Yes, they have a spotter plane, and it does cost a fair amount of money to send out, but I start to think most fishermen don't report to FD for fear of the masses wiping out their spot. I think if you pay close enough attention to basic reports on various sites, you can get a pretty good idea of where to go to catch fish. Opinions??

P.S. If you have any good dope, PM me!
I know where the main line of info comes from over there and its true, however one thing to thing about fish swim non stop. if the report is within 24 hours of a return trip its a safe bet. on the flip side, fishermen usually hold that info for at least 48 hours after a return trip. 1. so they can return or 2. their buddies can get in on the action.

So do i think FD is worth it. yes if your going out 4 or more times a year. long run trips especially. local stuff watch the counts and local reads. this season i really dont think it will matter.
Let God lead the way!
Give a man a fish he eats for one day, teach him to fish he eats forever!
Yeah, I think you can find the fish with basic knowledge. We had fish dope for awhile and it really wasn't that big of a difference. This season is going to be even better than last. Watch for even higher counts of wahoo in our waters than we had last year
The way to a fishermans heart is through his fly
I got my Rapalas ready!!